Are you a young African woman engaged in Africa’s energy sector ready to take your career to the next level? Are you interested in increasing your leadership skills, strengthening your professional networks, gaining new career opportunities, and demonstrating a desire to take on a greater leadership role?
Apply now for the Power Africa’s Young Women in African Power Leadership Residential Training.
Power Africa is a U.S. government-led partnership coordinated by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. This special opportunity is part of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (RLC SA) is hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa.
This year, Power Africa joins the RLC SA in supporting the career development of a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector. The first week will focus on foundational leadership skills, with the following three weeks emphasizing effective business and public management in the energy sector. This opportunity will also include site visits and case studies.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Women, Ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Interest and/or experience in the Energy sector
- Nationals of sub-Saharan African countries
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from:
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program. Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center.
To apply, visit the YALI RLC SA website: https://powerafrica-yalisouthernafrica.melimu.com/registration/ Closing date 22 July 2018. For assistance contact: Bento Marcos, Head of Recruitment and Selection, YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa Tel: +27 11 652 0317 / 0354; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com