American Citizens are invited to a
Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday January 31, 2017
at the Embassy of the United States
(use main Embassy entrance near Attorney General’s office;
Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to allow for security check*)
Drinks and snacks will be provided
The American Citizen Services section of the U.S. Embassy in Asmara is pleased to invite all
American citizens and their immediate family members over age 16
to our Town Hall meeting.
Please RSVP to ConsularAsmara@state.gov
or call 291-1-12-00-04 between 4:30-5:00PM M-Th
include the names of all attendees, U.S. passport numbers, and contact information.
*SECURITY NOTE: Those who fail to RSVP must have their valid U.S. passport for admittance. Non U.S. citizen immediate family members will not be granted access without an RSVP. Regular security procedures will be in place for all attendees and cell phones, large bags, weapons, cameras and other electronics are prohibited.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information, including Country Specific Information for Eritrea.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- The U.S. Embassy in Asmara is located at Alaa Street 179, P.O. Box 211, Asmara, Eritrea. Contact us at (291) 1-12-00-04, 4:30-5:00PM Monday – Thursday and 11:30-1:30 p.m. on Friday. Email the Consular Section at ConsularAsmara@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (291) 1-12-00-04. The Embassy’s website is https://er.usembassy.gov.