Resumption of U.S. Citizen Services by Appointment Only
Starting Monday, November 2, the U.S. Embassy will resume providing services to U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents on an appointment-only basis. Please note, following the resumption of normal services non-emergency walk-in appointments will not be allowed, and all visitors will be required to wear a mask.
Appointments can be made through the following means:
You can call the consular section Monday through Friday from 9AM to 12PM at (+291)1-12-0004. To make an appointment, you must provide –
- Name on your U.S. Passport or U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- S. Passport Number or Alien Registration Number
- Visit Requirements:
- Documents: Bring U.S. Passport or U.S. Permanent Resident Card.
- Security Screening: All visitors are subject to security screening and will not be permitted to bring electronic devices, including cell phones, inside the facility.
- Face Masks: All visitors must wear a face mask. Please note, visitors are expected to provide their own face masks.
- Social Distancing: To maintain proper social distancing, Embassy staff will assign visitors to a designated area within the waiting room; please remain in that area until called to the window.
Vote Now for November 3 Presidential Election
If you have not voted for the November 3 U.S. Presidential election and wish to do so, the U.S. Embassy encourages you set up an appointment, per the instructions above, to visit the consular section as soon as possible.
U.S. Citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents seeking to depart Eritrea by air should register their interest with the consular section.
- We strongly encourage you to register so that we can contact you if we arrange an Embassy charter flight or learn of a third-party charter flight. To register, please contact us by internet or telephone (see section above). If this is an Embassy-organized flight, all seats will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. This means that those who register earlier will be given priority.