- Applicant is Over Age 16: Most Recent Passport is Valid for 10 Years
- Most Recent Passport is Less Than 1 Year Old
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Additional Passport Pages
- Lost/Stolen/Expired Green Cards
- Applicant is Under Age 16
- Applicant is Over Age 16: Most Recent Passport is Valid for 5 Years
- Where to Apply
- Required Documents/ Forms
The Department of State has discontinued the consular service of adding additional visa pages to U.S. passports as of January 1, 2016.
Visa page inserts pose vulnerabilities to passport security by diminishing the effect of the radio frequency blocking material to prevent unauthorized reading of ePassports. The determination to eliminate the visa page insert service was made to enhance the security of the passport and to abide by international passport standards.
As of October 2014, 52-page passport books have been issued to all applicants applying at overseas posts. This policy aims to lessen the burden that may be placed on frequent travelers who need more pages and those customers who may need to update residence permits or foreign entry/exit visas to comply with foreign country immigration practices.
If you are running low on blank visa pages in your U.S. passport, please renew it following the link to the left.