Lost or Stolen Passport

You may replace a lost or stolen passport by providing the documents listed below. Passports reported lost or stolen are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel. We highly recommend that you fill out the required forms online and print them before coming into the U.S. Embassy.

To renew your lost or stolen passport, please make an appointment using our online appointment system.

The requirements to replace a lost or stolen passport are generally the same as if renewing a passport:

  • Applicant (or child and both parents) must appear in person
  • Original police report from the country where the passport was lost or stolen (with English translation if applicable)
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship and/or identity (e.g., passport copy, valid U.S. driver’s license, government-issued photo ID, etc.)
  • If under age 16: original birth certificate and both parents’ valid passports
  • DS-11 passport form (PDF 58 KB) or (fill out online and print)
  • DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport (PDF 58 KB) or ( to print, fill out, and bring)
  • 1 passport photo
  • Fees: $105 USD or nakfa equivalent (for applicants under age 16), $135 USD or nakfa equivalent (for applicants age 16 and over)